Pyeattstown was an early pioneer settlement on Crystal Hill in what would become Pulaski County, Arkansas. Pyeattstown was located on the north bank of the Arkansas River about twelve miles upstream from present downtown Little Rock. The town was established by brothers James Pyeatt and Jacob Pyeatt. The Pyeatts had arrived in the state from North Carolina in 1807. Jacob became a ferry operator on the river. James made his living as a farmer.
Territorial Governor James Miller bought land in the settlement and in 1820 made a failed attempt to name it the Arkansas state capitol. Other early settlers at Pyeattstown included William Lockwood, Jonathan Pharr, the Reverend John Carnahan, Edmund Hogan, and the French speculator Brangiere who thought he had found silver embedded in the crystals that could be found at the site.
- Dallas Tabor Herndon, Centennial History of Arkansas (Chicago: S.J. Clarke Pub. Co., 1922), 164, 797.