The city is located along limited access U.S. Highway 67/ U.S. Highway 167 and is served by interchanges 8, 9, 10A, 10B, and 11. Arkansas Highway 161 and Arkansas 294 enter the city from the southwest and southeast respectively. Jacksonville is home to the Little Rock Air Force Base on the northwestern side of the city. The population of Jacksonville is 29,916.
Commerce and Industry
In 1892 a number of businesses operated in Jacksonville. Saw and flour mills operated under M. Stone and Corder, Taylor & Webb. General stores were run by W. A. Galloway and M. Stone & Son. The dentist at the time was J. W. Dodson. The local physician was J. J. Moncrief. The druggist in town was T. W. Murtishaw.
Jacksonville sprang up around a station for the St. Louis, Iron Mountain, and Southern Railway. The population of Jacksonville reached approximately 200 by 1892.
- Arkansas State Gazetteer and Business Directory (Chicago, IL: R.L. Polk Company, 1892).