Ray Winder Field
Ray Winder Field was the home ballpark of the Arkansas Travelers minor league baseball team from 1932 to 2006. The ballpark was designed by architect Charles Thompson. The first home game at the field was on April 13, 1932.
The field was called Travelers Field until 1966. It was renamed for longtime minor league booster Ray Winder. Winder began his career with the Travelers as a ticket agent in 1915. He became business manager for the team in 1931 and one of the owners in 1944.
The stadium was replaced after the 2006 season by Dickey-Stephens Park in downtown North Little Rock. The last game at Ray Winder Field took place on September 3, 2006.
The Travelers' prior ballpark, Kavanaugh Field, was in use from 1901 to 1931.
- Kane Webb, "Ballpark Blues: As the City of Little Rock Mulls Two Bids for Ray Winder Field, a Compromise Plan Gains Momentum," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, May 10, 2009.