Marche (pronounced "Mar-Shay") is a community located in Pulaski County twelve miles north of Little Rock, Arkansas. The community began as a rural post office stop on the Little Rock and Fort Smith Railroad.
The town, originally called Warren, was settled by Poles. The name was changed to reduce confusion with a Bradley County town of same name. The population of Marche in 1892 was about 37 people. The postmaster at the time was Miss S. Choinski. A vinegar factory operated here under E. W. Choinski and a general store under Miss Helen Choinski.
- Arkansas State Gazetteer and Business Directory (Chicago, IL: R.L. Polk Company, 1892).