Geyer & Adams Building

From FranaWiki
The Geyer & Adams Building

The Geyer & Adams Building is the future home of the Arkansas Studies Institute of the Central Arkansas Library System. The building is located along President Clinton Avenue in the historic River Market District of Little Rock.

The Geyer & Adams Building, designed by architect Charles Thompson in 1913 and constructed in 1915, originally housed the W. W. Dickinson Hardware Company, later became home to the Arkansas Staats-Zeitung German-language newspaper, and then a blueprint firm called Farrell & Schaer.

The building, including its historic water tower and billboard, were restored under the direction of architect Reese Rowland.


  • Kristin Netterstrom, "Center for Arkansas History Ready for Debut," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, March 15, 2009.

External links