Fair Park was the site of the Arkansas State Fair beginning in 1916. Fair Park is now know as War Memorial Park. The park was bounded on the east by the Arkansas State Hospital for Nervous Diseases. The north boundary was Markham Avenue. The south boundary was West Eighth Avenue. The park abutted the corporate limits to the west at Hayes Street in the middle of the twentieth century.
By the middle of the twentieth century the park contained the Fair Park Golf Course, War Memorial Stadium, the Little Rock Zoo, Little Rock Technical High School, Travelers Field, the Naval Reserves Training Center, Marine Corps Reserve Training Center, Fair Park Swimming Pool, roller skating rink, and a merry-go-round.