Camp Joseph T. Robinson is the home of the Arkansas Army National Guard and the Arkansas Air National Guard. The North Little Rock camp opened as Camp Pike in 1917, and became a National Guard Training Center in 1922.
During World War II Camp Robinson grew to six times its original size, quartering 50,000 soldiers as well as 10,000 German and Italian prisoners of war. Famous visitors to the camp included Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Cary Grant, and Gary Cooper.
One of the oldest extant buildings on the camp grounds is Lloyd England Hall, erected in 1932. In September 1999 Lloyd England Hall became the home of the Arkansas National Guard Museum. Each year the camp hosts Minuteman Days.
- Andrew A. Green, "Old Camp Robinson Goes on Display," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, September 12, 1999.