Difference between revisions of "Wingo Hall"

From FranaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(New page: '''Wingo Hall''' houses the administrative offices of the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, Arkansas. The hall contains the offices of the president of the university, the ...)
 
 
(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[Image:Wingo-hall.JPG|thumb|300px|Wingo Hall on the UCA campus. Photo by Phil Frana.]]
 
'''Wingo Hall''' houses the administrative offices of the [[University of Central Arkansas]] in [[Conway]], Arkansas. The hall contains the offices of the president of the university, the provost, and several meeting rooms, including the trustee's boardroom.
 
'''Wingo Hall''' houses the administrative offices of the [[University of Central Arkansas]] in [[Conway]], Arkansas. The hall contains the offices of the president of the university, the provost, and several meeting rooms, including the trustee's boardroom.
  
The 30,000 square foot hall was named for Arkansas state senator Otis T. Wingo, and originally used as a women's dormitory. The hall was extensively refurbished under the direction of [[Stocks-Mann Architects]] around 2005 and a new addition and entry porch was added to the back side of the building.
+
The 30,000 square foot hall was constructed in 1934 with the assistance of the Public Works Administration. It is named for Arkansas state senator Otis T. Wingo, and originally used as a women's dormitory. The hall was extensively refurbished under the direction of [[Stocks-Mann Architects]] around 2005 and a new addition and entry porch was added to the back side of the building.
  
 
==References==
 
==References==

Latest revision as of 22:09, 10 April 2010

Wingo Hall on the UCA campus. Photo by Phil Frana.

Wingo Hall houses the administrative offices of the University of Central Arkansas in Conway, Arkansas. The hall contains the offices of the president of the university, the provost, and several meeting rooms, including the trustee's boardroom.

The 30,000 square foot hall was constructed in 1934 with the assistance of the Public Works Administration. It is named for Arkansas state senator Otis T. Wingo, and originally used as a women's dormitory. The hall was extensively refurbished under the direction of Stocks-Mann Architects around 2005 and a new addition and entry porch was added to the back side of the building.

References

External links