The Sherman School was located at 715 Sherman Street in Little Rock, Arkansas. The one-room schoolhouse was originally known as the First Ward School. The schoolhouse grew to two rooms, which were then divided into four classrooms. The school began as an elementary school but expanded to include the high school grades. The first principal of the school was Fannie Thomas. The first principal of the high school was a Professor Dale.
The school caught fire in October 1873 but was then rebuilt. The school's site is now occupied by Kramer Elementary School.
- "Tidbits on 19th-Century School on Internet," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, January 3, 1999.