Little Rock Aesthetic Club
The Aesthetic Club was founded as a book club on January 16, 1883. The founding members of the club were Virginia Hamilton, Gertrude Hempstead, Fannie Jabine, Harriet Jabine, Mary Knapp, Ida Martin, Sallie Martin, Cynthia Polk, and Jane Georgine Woodruff. The club began meeting in the Arsenal around 1885. For many years they shared the Columbian Art Memorial Room in the building with the Arkansas Columbian Commission.