Johnnie's Shoe Shop

From FranaWiki

Johnnie's Shoe Shop once occupied a storefront at 208 West Capitol Avenue in Little Rock. Under the 1960s era Central Little Rock Urban Renewal Project the shop moved to the 100 block of Main Street.

The shop was established in the 1920s by John "Johnnie" Sarna. Sarna was born in Marche, Arkansas, in 1899 and died on March 25, 1950. He was married to Annie Stozek with whom he had six children.


  • "Buildings Acquired by LRHA Constructed Around 1900," Arkansas Gazette, April 24, 1966.
  • Mike Trimble, "Biggest Project Includes Leveling of Entire Block," Arkansas Gazette, March 21, 1968.

External links