Street View of the Jacimore Building in 2009
The Jacimore Building at 620 President Clinton Avenue in the River Market District of downtown Little Rock, Arkansas, began as a harness-making shop for D. R. Wing. This shop opened in 1832. The Little Rock Foundry and Machine Shops opened on the site in 1866. The foundry manufactured steam engines, boilers, sawmills, cotton gins and presses, woodworking machinery, steam pumps and pipe fittings, and brass goods. In the 1980s, the building -- with 48,00 square feet of space -- housed the J.T. Lloyd Sporting Goods Company.
The current Jacimore Building contains about 48,000 square feet of usable space and is home to Data File Storage. It is mostly old solid timber construction in the center. There was a facade added to the front to cover the 3 buildings. One building and an alley are actually enclosed within the structure. An east wing has been added onto the old building over the loading dock. It is composed of cinder block construction with wood floors and steel joists.
- History of the Jacimore Building