Frank Kumpuris (June 15, 1917-November 2, 2005) was a general surgeon at St. Vincent Infirmary Medical Center and Baptist Health Medical Center in Little Rock, Arkansas. He owned Bensky Furs and co-owned MK Distributors in Pine Bluff.
He was appointed to the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees by Bill Clinton in 1988, and served until 1994. Kumpuris supervised the development of the Cammack Campus, the administrative headquarters of the University of Arkansas system located in Little Rock. Kumpuris was also a member of the XV Men's Club, which requires members to wear tuxedos and give informed speeches.
Kumpuris was born in Little Rock to Greek immigrant parents Gus Kumpuris and Katherine Kumpuris. The family owned and operated The Maxwell House restaurant at the corner of Third and Main streets. Kumpuris worked at the restaurant before attending Tulane's College of Arts and Sciences and the University Medical School. He graduated in 1943, interned at Charity Hospital in New Orleans, and then completed a surgical residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
- "Frank Gus Kumpuris, MD (obituary)," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, November 3, 2005.
- Hillary Woodworth, "LR Surgeon, One-Time UA Trustee, Dead at 87," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, November 3, 2005.