Congregation Agudas Achim
Congregation Agudas Achim is an Orthodox synagogue in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Congregation Agudas Achim is an offshoot of the congregation of Temple B'nai Israel. In 1879 a number of members, dissatisfied with reforms in doctrine and liturgy, began meeting at Casino Hall. Early services were led by Polish immigrants Samuel Lasker and Isaac Adelman. The Agudas Achim congregation was formally organized in 1904. Considerable financial support was provided by local merchant Samuel Katzenellenbogen, who also acted as the rabbi.
In 1908 the congregation turned the former Second Baptist Church on the southwest corner of the intersection of West Eighth and Louisiana streets into a permanent synagogue.
The congregation moved into its current home at 7901 West Fifth Street on May 2, 1976.
The congregation has affirmed mixed-gender seating and is therefore no longer considered part of the Orthodox Union movement.