Capital Transportation Company
The Capital Transportation Company is a former bus and electric streetcar company in North Little Rock, Arkansas. In the mid-twentieth century the main bus barn was located on the 1000 block of North Street.
Capital Transportation acquired the Little Rock-North Little Rock transportation system from Arkansas Power and Light in 1935. Capital Transportation was later called the Citizen's Coach Company, Metro Transit Management, and is now known as Central Arkansas Transit.
Beginning in 1936 the company introduced twenty-one passenger Chevrolet buses on its routes. The last nine street cars owned by the company were retired on December 25, 1947.
The president of the company was P. E. McChesney.
- Bob Sallee, "Riverfront Streetcar Plans Hark Back to 1891," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, April 9, 1998.