Arkansas State Lunatic Asylum
The Arkansas State Lunatic Asylum opened in Little Rock on March 1, 1883. The building was constructed in the imposing Kirkbride style, named after a nineteenth-century physician and asylum superintendent who wrote a popular book on hospital design. The original structure was demolished in the 1960s.
- Acts, Joint Resolutions, Concurrent Resolutions, and Constitutional Amendments of the ... General Assembly of the State of Arkansas (Printers to the State, 1905), 40-41.