Arkansas Department of Human Services
The Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) is the state government's largest agency, with 7,500 employees and ten divisions. The ten divisions of the DHS are:
- Division of Children & Family Services
- Division of Youth Services
- Division of Child Care & Early Childhood Education
- Division of Volunteerism
- Division of Services for the Blind
- Division of Aging & Adult Services
- Division of Behavioral Health Services
- Division of Medical Services
- Division of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Division of County Operations
DHS is headquartered at the State Office Building Urban Campus along Main Street between Seventh and Eighth streets in the business district of downtown Little Rock. The campus cost $35 million to construct and opened in 2000.
The current director of the Arkansas Department of Human Services is John M. Selig.