Stanley Jewelers Gemologists
Stanley Jewelers Gemologists is a family business in North Little Rock, Arkansas. The business opened in downtown Little Rock in 1936 under the ownership of Charles Stanley and closed in 1967. A second store opened in the Park Hill neighborhood in 1960 and remains open today. Charles Stanley's brother Harold Stanley operated a goldsmith jewelry store on Main Street called Harold Stanley Jewelers.
The jewelry store is now owned by Charles' son Loyd Stanley and his children. Loyd Stanley was the first gemologist in the state to be certified by the Gemological Institute of America. He began working with his father at the downtown Little Rock store in 1959.
- Kimberly Dishongh, "High Profile: Loyd Charles Stanley," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, September 14, 2008.