St. John Home Missions Seminary
Street View of Fitzgerald Hall
The St. John Home Missions Seminary opened to ten students in Little Rock's Fitzgerald Hall in 1911. The seminary was established by Bishop John B. Morris of the Little Rock Diocese. The seminary closed in 1967. Fitzgerald Hall is located on the campus of the St. John Catholic Center at 2500 North Tyler Street.
The seminary was originally located under the roof of the Little Rock College for Boys at the intersection of 25th and Gaines streets, and later moved to the Catholic Center in the Pulaski Heights neighborhood. The college and seminary moved into Fitzgerald Hall in 1916.