Restaurant Jacques et Suzanne
The Restaurant Jacques et Suzanne was an upscale restaurant on the thirtieth floor of the First National Bank Building (now known as the Regions Bank Building). The restaurant was originally established in June 1975 by Swiss husband-wife restauranteurs Jacques Tritten and Suzanne Tritten. The couple's specialty was Swiss-French cuisine. The general manager was Swiss citizen Henri Monod. The executive chef was Paul Bash. The head waiter was the Belgian Louie Petit.
After a couple of months ownership passed to Ed Moore of European Food Services. Bash became manager of general operations. Petit became a part-owner. Chef Denis Seyer, who joined the restaurant staff in 1975, left in 1980 to found the French restaurant Le Casse Croute. Jacques et Suzanne closed on January 30, 1986.
Over its long history the restaurant spawned numerous other restaurants in the Little Rock area as chefs, managers, and wait staff left to form their own businesses. These restaurants include, in addition to Le Casse Croute, Maison Louis, Cafe Prego, Café St. Moritz, Andre's, Restaurant 1620, Graffiti's, Pickles, The Purple Cow Restaurants, Alouette's, Ashley's, and Gypsy's Grill & Bar.
- "Great Chefs of Little Rock: Jacques and Suzanne Spawns Culinary Kings," Arkansas Business, March 7, 1994.
- Leroy Donald, "Everybody's Business," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, February 8, 2009.
- Stan Weber, "Lost Restaurants," Arkansas Life 3.4 (December 2010): 76.