Quapaw Quarter Association
The Quapaw Quarter Association (QQA) is a private, nonprofit historic preservation group in Little Rock, Arkansas. The QQA manages the Little Rock Visitor Information Center at Curran Hall, and expends most of its effort on historic preservation work in the MacArthur Park Historic District, the Governor's Mansion Historic District, and the Central High Neighborhood Historic District. Quapaw Quarter, a name adopted in 1961, comprises a nine square mile area of downtown Little Rock and surrounding neighborhoods. The Quapaw Quarter Association was incorporated in 1968. The boundaries of the Quapaw Quarter are the Arkansas River to the north, Interstate 30 to the east, Roosevelt Road to the south, and the Central High School neighborhood to the west.
The organization publishes a bimonthy newspaper called The Chronicle. It also sponsors a biennial Spring Tour of Historic Homes and other public events and workshops. The organization maintains a Preservation Resource Center. The QQA also has a program for creating plaques for historic homes. Each year it gives out the Jimmy Strawn Historic Preservation Award and other awards of merit. The executive director of the association is Roger Williams. The QQA has about 300 members.
The association briefly changed its name to the Landmarks Trust of Greater Little Rock in 1999 before changing it back to reduce confusion. The Quapaw Quarter Association offices are located at Curran Hall at 615 East Capitol Avenue. The association's offices were formerly at 1206 South Main Street.
- Linda S. Caillouet, "Association Reverts to Use of Old Name After Switch," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, April 11, 2001.
- Kristin Netterstrom, "Group Renews Lease for Curran Hall Site," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, March 11, 2008.
- "The Name's the Thing," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, May 8, 2001.