Street View of the Jacimore Building in 2009
The Jacimore Building at 620 President Clinton Avenue in the River Market District of downtown Little Rock, Arkansas, began as a harness-making shop for D. R. Wing. This shop opened in 1832. The Little Rock Foundry and Machine Shops opened on the site in 1866. The foundry manufactured steam engines, boilers, sawmills, cotton gins and presses, woodworking machinery, steam pumps and pipe fittings, and brass goods. The Jacimore Sheet Metal and Radiator Shop opened under the name of an Italian immigrant family in 1924. In the 1980s, the building -- with 48,00 square feet of space -- also housed the J.T. Lloyd Sporting Goods Company.
The current Jacimore Building contains about 48,000 square feet of usable space and is home to Data File Storage, a company founded in 1989 by Margaret Raney Jacimore. It is mostly old solid timber construction in the center. There was a facade added to the front to cover the three buildings. One building and an alley are actually enclosed within the structure. An east wing has been added onto the old building over the loading dock. It is composed of cinder block construction with wood floors and steel joists.