Irby Hall

From FranaWiki
Revision as of 08:28, 2 June 2010 by Phil (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)

Irby Hall is a 60,000 square-foot academic building on the campus of the University of Central Arkansas. Irby Hall is home to the Department of History, Department of Geography, Department of Political Science, Department of Sociology, Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, and Department of English. The building also contains thirty classrooms, four laboratories, the offices of the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts, and eighty-two individual faculty offices.

Georgian-style Irby Hall was originally built in 1949 to house a training school. The hall was demolished in 1992 and rebuilt in 1993. The building is named for fourth UCA president Nolen M. Irby. The Irby courtyard is named for English professors Eugene Nolte and Ralph Behrens.


External links