Conway High School-East
Conway High School-East is a public high school facility in the Conway Public School District of Faulkner County, Arkansas. The high school was constructed at 1815 Prince Street in 1937 with the assistance of the Public Works Administration. In 2008 the school received a $2.9 million makeover.
The building originally held grades 9 through 12, but currently educates only ninth and tenth graders. Students continue on to eleventh and twelfth grade at Conway High School-West.
The school was desegregated under then-principal Jim Stone.
The school colors are royal blue and white. The school mascot is the Wampus Cat, a mythical blue-black cat that "looks like a mountain lion but has six legs: Four to run at the speed of light, two to fight with all its might." The alma mater of the school is: "Hail to the blue and white, In all its radiant splendor. Hail to the school we love, Our hearts to thee we render. Praise and honor, true devotion, Each we give with deep emotion, Ever of our lives a portion, Alma Mater, Hail!"
- Debra Hale-Shelton, "High School in Conway Marks 72 Years," Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, March 15, 2009.