Phillip G. Gillham
Private Phillip Grundie Gillham
Phillip G. Gillham was born on February 7, 1896 in Bear, Arkansas, United States to parents William Alonzo Jackson Gillham (1852 - 1924) and Mary Elizabeth Eddlemon Gillham (1859 - 1917). He had 8 siblings, including Mary I. Gillham Reeves (1877 – 1954), Ida Melinda Gillham Pate (1878 - 1915), James William Gillham (1880 - 1949), Alonzo Jackson Gillham (1883 - 1883), Nellie L Lowrey (1886 - 1924), Myrtie Sefronia Gillham Keys (1889 - 1920), Robert Edward Gillham (1891 - 1962), Charles Henry Gillham (1894 - 1963). Gillham was a saw miller at the time of his draft registration. He was employed by E.E. Davis. Gillham had brown eyes and hair, and was of tall height and medium weight.
Gillham served in World War I as a Private in the 1st infantry, 352nd division. He entered service on June 5th, 1917 at the age of 21.
Gillham died on September 26, 1918 in France, while serving his country. He is buried at the Cunningham Cemetery, Royal, (Garland County) Arkansas, USA.
- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:K3P1-P46 Family Search
- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:MKJT-QJM Family Search 1910 Census
- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:M3FS-X9M Family Search 1900 Census
- https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQGYT49QL1?mode=g&i=98&cc=1968530 Family Search Draft - Registration Card
- http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~arcemete/garland/cunningham.htm Rootsweb