Difference between revisions of "Joseph A. Day"
(Fixed hyperlinking consistency.)
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
Revision as of 12:02, 17 April 2017
|#1 Joseph A. Day|
|Return to table|| Next Veteran >>>|
#2 Opie E. Chick
Lieutenant Colonel Joseph A. Day
[Unknown D.O.B.] – 27 October 1944
- Principal of Morrilton High School
- Chairman of the Morrilton Chamber of Commerce
- Principal of Peabody School in 1923
- Fort Smith Junior High Principal, 1928-1938
- President of Henderson State Teachers College, 1938-1941
Day lived in Morrilton and Fort Smith. He attended the Arkansas State Teachers College (now known as the University of Central Arkansas), received his Bachelors of Science from George Peabody College, and his Masters of Science from Columbia University.
He had three children: Joe Jr., Elizabeth, and Margaret.
Day served in both World Wars and as part of the National Guard.
Day died in the Army-Navy General Hospital in Hot Springs, AR from a disease he had contracted while serving in Alaska.