Southwestern Bell Telephone-Arkansas
The Southwestern Bell Telephone Company of Arkansas occupied the southwest corner of West Seventh and South Louisiana streets. The company headquarters was constructed from two adjoining buildings. The corner building at 705 Louisiana was built in stages from 1906 to 1921. The next door structure at 709 Louisiana was built between 1938 and 1947. The buildings were connected to form the telephone exchange by an opening cut through the interior walls of the buildings, and the addition of stairs.