Little Rock Junior College
The Little Rock Junior College was a public institution of higher education established by the Little Rock School District in 1927. A founder and first president, John A. Larson, served from 1930 to 1950.
Early classes met at Little Rock High School (now called Central High School) located at the intersection of Park and Fourteenth streets.
In 1957 ownership of the college was transferred into private hands and the college became known as Little Rock University. Little Rock University became part of the University of Arkansas system in 1969 and is now the public University of Arkansas at Little Rock.